Myrtle Beach roofers share some needed and useful holiday decorating tips to homeowners. As soon as Halloween is over, many homeowners will start decorating for the holidays. And because this is a festive season, a lot of the homeowners will place decorations even on their roofs.
If you are considering putting holiday decors on your roof, you need to understand that it is not an easy task. It can also be dangerous especially if you are not aware of the following safety tips.
- Myrtle Beach roofers from MB Roofing Pros highly recommend putting holiday decors up during the day. This will ensure that you have all the lighting that you need in order to properly hang your roof decorations. Plus, you will also be able to see the entirety of your roof which will allow you to know where to safely step while you work.
- If the weather is bad, even if it is just inconsistent gusts of wind, you should not try and hang holiday decorations on the roof. Doing so will only put your health at risk. It is better to wait for a good and fair weather when you can be sure of your safety before putting up your roof decors.
- Make sure your decorations are ready to be hung or put into place when you bring them up to your roof. Unwrap and clean them on the ground before climbing the ladder. It is extremely dangerous if you have to do this while you are standing on a ladder. Doing this on the ground is indeed much safer.
- Do not forget to install outdoor lighting on your roof. This will help illuminate your decors. Make sure you choose lighting fixtures that are designed for outdoor use. Seek professional assistance from your local roofer in Myrtle Beach for the specific type of lighting that you need for your roof.
- Before placing your holiday lighting on the roof, it is important to check each bulb of the lights and make sure they are in good condition. Check for signs of damage on the light bulb as well as wear and tear on the wires. Do not use damaged lighting as this may cause electric damage or start a fire.
- According to professional roofers in Myrtle Beach, it helps to keep your home safe from accidents by installing a timer to the lighting on your roof. If there is a timer, your lighting will automatically turn off if you forgot to do so.
- Make sure your lighting is securely and tightly installed before coming down from your roof. It should not easily be loosened by the wind or playing birds. It would be dangerous if your lighting comes off without your knowledge. It can put you and your family’s life at risk if you cannot immediately refasten the lighting.
- Seek professional assistance if you think you cannot do it on your own. Otherwise, make sure someone is helping you out while you are putting the holiday decors on your roof. Having someone to work with makes the job easier and safer.
- Make sure you do not overload your power connection when installing electrical holiday decorations on your roof. Ask your local electrician for assistance if you are not sure how many electrical connections you can safely make on your roof. Keep in mind that overloadeded circuits can lead to electrical fire.
- If you are going to use a ladder while putting holiday decors on the roof, it should be sturdy and level on the ground. Have someone to hold it while you are using it so that it will remain secured on the ground.
Call MB Roofing Pros if you need help with roof installation, repair, or maintenance.
MB Roofing Pros
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577