Many property owners realize they require a brand-new roof after they find a leakage in their ceiling. This leakage might be due to various roof repair issues. However, what factors really determine whether a roofing system repair will solve the issue or your house needs a roof replacement?
Below are some tips to assist you to identify if you need a roof replacement:
- Roofing system age– How old is your present asphalt shingle roofing system? Most specialists concur that a common roofing system will last in between 20 and 25 years. It also depends upon whether the old roofing system was removed and you just have one layer of shingles, and if it is correctly ventilated. If the roofing system was set up over another layer or a number of layers and it is older than twenty years, possibilities are you require a roof replacement.
- Shingles curling and buckling– Shingles that are curled or buckling are also an indication that you might require a new roofing system. Look at the slopes of your home that get direct sunlight and if you notice the shingles are curling and losing granules, it might mean the shingles are past their lifespan. There could also be a possibility that the roofing system is malfunctioning. Call a licensed roofer to see if you could be qualified for compensation.
- Roof valleys– If your roofing system shingles are falling apart or missing in this area, it’s a guaranteed sign you require a roof replacement. Valleys are among the essential areas of your roof. Leafs and rain circulation through valleys and into gutters. If the valley is jeopardized, you might be susceptible to roofing leaks.
- Missing shingles–This is another sign your roofing system might be failing. Examine to see if all of the shingle “tabs” are intact.
- Chimney flashing– This is another location to be concerned about. If your flashing includes roofing cement or tar, it might require roof replacement as soon as possible. Professionals recommend replacing with a long-lasting, water-tight fitting, which would be a metal flashing system.
- Shingle granules in the gutter systems– Look in your gutters to see whether they are packed up with shingle granules. Roofing systems tend to lose more granules toward the end of their life process. Inconsistent or darker color in some parts of the roofing is another sign the granules have actually worn off.
- Daytime through the roofing boards– You observe a spongy feel or trampoline bounce when walking on the roof, which indicates the underlying decking is damaged from wetness. Check your attic to see if there is any daylight coming through the roof boards. Likewise look for moisture in the insulation.
Call MB Roofing Pros today and inquire about their professional roof replacement services.
MB Roofing Pros
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577