With the storms we have had lately, many of you may have experienced shingles blowing off your roof or a minor roof leak. Here are several tips from roofing professionals regarding repair a roof leak.
Before you attempt any roof leak repair – no matter how minor – please keep these safety tips in mind:
- You should always do a roof leak repair on a sunny day when the roof is completely dry. We have had several days of rain in a row here in Myrtle Beach, so you will want to wait until we have had a few dry days. A wet roof can be extremely slippery and is a very dangerous place to be.
- Always take appropriate safety measures when doing any type of roof leak repair. The primary safety tool is a safety rope.
- If you have a steep roof, you will want to use a ladder framework to make sure you have secure anchoring. It may be necessary to rent or buy a roofer’s ladder that has a bracket that will bridge the edge of the roof while you are fixing the roof leak.
- Make sure you wear rubber-soled boots or shoes when working on the roof leak. The rubber will provide the necessary traction and reduce the chance of slipping on the roof. A safety helmet is also a good idea.
- Make a map of where the power lines are located and keep it handy while moving around the roof.
- Place all of your tools in a proper toolbox and keep them close to the place where you are working on the roof leak.
- If possible, have someone on the ground who can make a phone call in case of an emergency. You don’t want to work alone on something that has this much potential for accidents.
MB Roofing Pros is here to answer your questions. Give us a call about your roof leak today.
MB Roofing Pros
5335 N. Kings Hwy #211B
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577